Meet the Moment: Campaign to Support Strategic Priorities at Main Line Health
We've all read the headlines about the health care crisis — hospital closures, the mounting costs of prescriptions and technology, the reimbursements that don't cover costs and other challenges. As other hospitals shut their doors, Main Line Health is caring for those who have been left behind by these closures. We are doing all that we can to contain our expenses while maintaining the level of care that our community expects from us.
With the official launch of our Meet the Moment Campaign in November 2023, we are embarking on a two-year effort to raise $5M to fund the highest priority needs at each of our hospitals — essentials that are only possible with philanthropic support from our Main Line Health community.
Our hospital leadership teams have identified several priorities that will be possible with this support while maintaining the flexibility to make in-the-moment decisions if circumstances change.
The key pillars of this effort are the Presidential Strategic Priorities Funds at Bryn Mawr Hospital, Lankenau Medical Center, Riddle Hospital, Bryn Mawr Rehabilitation Hospital, and Main Line Health, and the Bed Expansion at Paoli Hospital.
The Presidential Strategic Priorities Funds will provide funding for:
- Supporting your heroes. Staff recruitment, retention and training programs are vital to hiring and keeping top-notch clinical staff.
- Improving health outcomes for all patients. Not typically funded by reimbursements, community health and equitable care programs prevent incipient health issues from turning serious. They are effective ways to improve health and reduce costs.
- Serving you in modern facilities and with state-of-the-art technology and equipment. Philanthropy has always supported needed renovations, replacement of worn equipment, and
- Innovating to provide you with the best possible care. Significant medical advances arrive at breakneck speed. We need to continue to conduct research and bring breakthroughs to the patient's bedside.
- Expecting the unexpected. Damage from storms or an unforeseen chance to bring an expert onboard are situations that defy planning.
Paoli Hospital is working to meet the moment by expanding the number of patient beds at the hospital. In recent years, a combination of factors including the closure of other hospitals in Chester County, a greater severity of illness, and a continually aging population have resulted in unprecedented volumes throughout the hospital. To accommodate our growing number of patients, Paoli Hospital will expand the Emergency Department with eight additional beds and reconfigure an existing unit to add a 12-bed telemetry-capable unit by summer 2024.
As we look ahead to the future, we have an opportunity to come together as a community and meet this critical moment. Main Line Health entities are your community hospitals – and so much more. We remain a beacon of excellence, never compromising on patient safety, quality, and equity, and your support will help us continue our profound commitment to the well-being of our communities. Please consider a gift to the Meet the Moment Campaign. Your doctor, your neighbors and your family will thank you.
"Main Line Health has a long history of philanthropy making a difference in what we can do every day. Through philanthropy, we have built excellent programs in noninvasive surgery, stroke care and trauma centers, among many other endeavors. Some of our signature programs are among the best in the world.
Today Main Line Health is moving through a period of change unprecedented in our lifetime and the impact of philanthropy has never been greater. Whether you're making your first gift or your 101st, for $25 or $25,000, you can play an important role in keeping excellent care close to home."
—Jack Lynch, FACHE, President and CEO
Make a gift online
You will be able to designate your campaign gift to the hospital of your choice, or to the Main Line Health system as a whole.
- Main Line Health
- Lankenau Medical Center Foundation
- Bryn Mawr Hospital Foundation
- Paoli Hospital Foundation
- The Riddle HealthCare Foundation
- Bryn Mawr Rehab Hospital Foundation
- Mirmont Treatment Center Foundation
- HomeCare & Hospice
- Lankenau Institute for Medical Research
Main Line Health by the numbers
In Fiscal Year 2023, Main Line Health acute care hospitals provided medical care for:
(inpatients and outpatient)
99,070 outpatient visits
(Bryn Mawr Rehab Hospital)
home health visits
discharges from Mirmont
Main Line HealthCare
physician practice visits